Daniel Krivoy, MD, is an eye physician and surgeon who specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma and cataracts. Dr. Krivoy is an experienced and skilled surgeon who utilizes the most up-to-date techniques for the management of cataracts and glaucoma, including femtolaser cataract surgery using the latest intraocular lenses all current minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS) and laser treatments, frequently performed in conjunction with cataract surgeries.
He is the immediate past President of the Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Krivoy completed two years of clinical and research sub-specialty fellowships in Glaucoma and Ocular Imaging at the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the direction of world-renowned Drs. Robert Ritch and Jeffrey Liebmann. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the New York Medical College after a Medical-Surgical Transitional internship at St. Barnabas Medical Center-Mount Sinai Medical School in New Jersey. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and an Active member of the American Glaucoma Society and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
His extensive involvement in academic activities started before moving to California and include having held the title of Assistant Professor of the Department of Ophthalmology at the New York Medical College, where he acted as Director of the Glaucoma Service at Metropolitan Hospital in New York City, a teaching hospital of the ophthalmology residency program.
Dr. Krivoy continued to teach residents as a Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine and volunteers his time at the glaucoma clinics at county hospital Harbor-UCLA.
Now in successful private practice in Los Angeles, he is a principal investigator in numerous clinical trials and is a scientific advisor for innovative companies in his field. He has published numerous scientific papers and published book chapters, and has lectured and presented numerous scientific papers nationally and internationally. He is a reviewer for the Journal of Glaucoma and has been a frequent participant at joint events of the Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology and the American Academy of Ophthalmology as a glaucoma expert. He is proud to provide free care to patients in need through the foundations of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Glaucoma Society.
Dr. Krivoy was born and grew up in Caracas, Venezuela, and is fully bilingual. He has made important contributions to the residency training programs in Venezuela through the Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology, where he founded a lecture series for residents which is still active today. In his native Venezuela, he volunteered his work to underserved populations and spent several months deep in the Amazon with native Yanomami Indians on the Venezuelan-Brazilian border.
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Clinical Fellowship in Glaucoma. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY. Preceptors: Drs. Robert Ritch & Jeffrey Liebmann. July 1999 - June 2000.
- Ophthalmology Residency. New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY. July 1996 - June 1999.
- Internship. Transitional Program. St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ. June 1995 - June 1996.
- Research Fellowship in Glaucoma and Ocular Imaging. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY. July 1994 - June 1995.
- Medical Doctor. Universidad Central de Venezuela, School of Medicine, Caracas, Venezuela. Graduation date: June 1993.
Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology since 10/28/2001
OTHER RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- Program Chair Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology, 2016-2017
- Board Member and Treasurer of the Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology
- Principal Investigator. TUG-US-001 trial, EyeSonix(R) 2017– present
- Consultant for SOLX Inc. Waltham, MA 2012 – 2017
- Co-Investigator SOLX SLX84 Study (The EMMES Corporation) for SOLX Inc. Waltham, MA 2012 – 2015
- Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology. UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine. November 2005 – present
- Assistant Professor. Department of Ophthalmology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY. November 2003 - 2005.
- Director of Glaucoma Service. Department of Ophthalmology, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York Medical College, New York, NY. November 2003 – September 2004.
- Member of Editorial Board. Glaucoma section, Journal of the Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology (SVO) (Revista Oftalmológica) 2001-2002.
- Founder and Coordinator of the National Ophthalmology Resident Lecture Series. Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology (SVO), Caracas, Venezuela 2001-2002.
- Coordinator of Ophthalmology Residents Affairs. Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology (SVO), Caracas, Venezuela 2001-2002.
- Coordinator of Academic Meetings of the Ophthalmology Department. Centro Médico Docente La Trinidad, Caracas, Venezuela 2000-2002.
- Research associate. Emergency Department, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN. September l989 - June 1990.
- Course on Pathogenic Microbiology. Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN. Fall semester 1989.
- Research associate. Department of Oncology, Universidad Central de Venezuela. January 1988 - February 1989.
- Trainee Student. Department of Neurophysiology, Venezuelan Institute of Scientific Research (IVIC), October 1984 - February 1985.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Attending Physician, Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Surgeon, Founding Partner, Los Angeles Vision Center Inc. (DBA Angeles Eye Institute). 9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 400, Culver City, CA 90232 – 2015 - present
- Board Member, Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology – 2015 - present
- Board member, Samuel and Barbara Masket Foundation – 2015 - present
- Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board for Ophthalmotronics and Medipump Inc. Companies developing technology applications for glaucoma. October 2005-2013.
- Attending Staff. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA since April 2007.
- Attending Staff. Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Torrance, CA since June 2005.
- Courtesy Staff. Southern California Hospital, Culver City, CA since August 2005.
- Attending Staff. Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Torrance, CA.
- Attending Staff. Wolstan Eye Associates, HealthCare Partners Medical Group, Torrance, CA January 2005 – July 2006.
- Attending Staff. Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY since September 2002.
- Clinical Attending Physician. Department of Ophthalmology, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, NY since September 2002.
- Private Practice. Offices in Manhattan and Queens, NY January 2003-December 2003.
- Attending Physician. Multi-specialty group practice and teaching hospital. Department of Ophthalmology. Centro Medico Docente La Trinidad. Caracas, Venezuela. August 2000 – August 2002.
- Private Practice. Unidad Oftalmológica Centro Caracas. Caracas, Venezuela. September 2000 – August 2002.
- Ophthalmologist, Community Service. Centro Yolanda Katz. Caracas, Venezuela. September 2000 – August 2002.
- Primary Care and Emergency Physician. Caucagua Hospital, Miranda State, Venezuela. June 1993 - June 1994.