Daniel Krivoy, MD, is an ophthalmologist who has devoted his career to helping his patients in Los Angeles, California, gain back control over their glaucoma before it leads to irreparable damage. He specifically specializes in the diagnoses and treatment of all variations of glaucoma. Dr. Krivoy turns to the latest science and most up-to-date techniques, including minimally invasive surgeries and laser treatments, to tackle the underlying intraocular pressure that’s the hallmark of glaucoma. In diagnosing and treating his patients early and effectively, Dr. Krivoy prevents the disease from causing permanent vision loss.
Dr. Krivoy completed two years of clinical and research sub-specialty fellowships in Glaucoma and Ocular Imaging at the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the direction of world-renowned Drs. Robert Ritch and Jeffrey Liebmann. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the New York Medical College after a Medical-Surgical Transitional internship at St. Barnabas Medical Center-Mount Sinai Medical School in New Jersey and was certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology in 2001.
At the beginning of his career, Dr. Krivoy worked on the East Coast as both an assistant professor at New York Medical College and director of the Metropolitan Hospital Center's Glaucoma Services division. He obtained medical licenses from the states of Connecticut and New York in 2000 and 2002, respectively. In 2003, Dr. Krivoy received his license to practice in California and set up his private practice in 2005 in the Los Angeles area.
Dr. Krivoy remains active in the academic world and works as a clinical instructor for ophthalmology candidates at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. He’s also an active member of the American Glaucoma Society.
Dr. Krivoy originally hails from Venezuela, and he volunteers much of his time and expertise there and in the United States. In the US, he has been a volunteer instructor with the Jules Stein Eye Institute as well as EyeCare America, which is a charitable arm of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Clinical Fellowship in Glaucoma. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY. Preceptors: Drs. Robert Ritch & Jeffrey Liebmann. July 1999 - June 2000.
- Ophthalmology Residency. New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY. July 1996 - June 1999.
- Internship. Transitional Program. St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ. June 1995 - June 1996.
- Research Fellowship in Glaucoma and Ocular Imaging. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY. July 1994 - June 1995.
- Medical Doctor. Universidad Central de Venezuela, School of Medicine, Caracas, Venezuela. Graduation date: June 1993.
Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology since 10/28/2001
OTHER RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- Program Chair Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology, 2016-2017
- Board Member and Treasurer of the Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology
- Principal Investigator. TUG-US-001 trial, EyeSonix(R) 2017– present
- Consultant for SOLX Inc. Waltham, MA 2012 – 2017
- Co-Investigator SOLX SLX84 Study (The EMMES Corporation) for SOLX Inc. Waltham, MA 2012 – 2015
- Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology. UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine. November 2005 – present
- Assistant Professor. Department of Ophthalmology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY. November 2003 - 2005.
- Director of Glaucoma Service. Department of Ophthalmology, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York Medical College, New York, NY. November 2003 – September 2004.
- Member of Editorial Board. Glaucoma section, Journal of the Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology (SVO) (Revista Oftalmológica) 2001-2002.
- Founder and Coordinator of the National Ophthalmology Resident Lecture Series. Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology (SVO), Caracas, Venezuela 2001-2002.
- Coordinator of Ophthalmology Residents Affairs. Venezuelan Society of Ophthalmology (SVO), Caracas, Venezuela 2001-2002.
- Coordinator of Academic Meetings of the Ophthalmology Department. Centro Médico Docente La Trinidad, Caracas, Venezuela 2000-2002.
- Research associate. Emergency Department, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN. September l989 - June 1990.
- Course on Pathogenic Microbiology. Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN. Fall semester 1989.
- Research associate. Department of Oncology, Universidad Central de Venezuela. January 1988 - February 1989.
- Trainee Student. Department of Neurophysiology, Venezuelan Institute of Scientific Research (IVIC), October 1984 - February 1985.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Attending Physician, Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Surgeon, Founding Partner, Los Angeles Vision Center Inc. (DBA Angeles Eye Institute). 9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 400, Culver City, CA 90232 – 2015 - present
- Board Member, Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology – 2015 - present
- Board member, Samuel and Barbara Masket Foundation – 2015 - present
- Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board for Ophthalmotronics and Medipump Inc. Companies developing technology applications for glaucoma. October 2005-2013.
- Attending Staff. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA since April 2007.
- Attending Staff. Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Torrance, CA since June 2005.
- Courtesy Staff. Southern California Hospital, Culver City, CA since August 2005.
- Attending Staff. Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Torrance, CA.
- Attending Staff. Wolstan Eye Associates, HealthCare Partners Medical Group, Torrance, CA January 2005 – July 2006.
- Attending Staff. Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY since September 2002.
- Clinical Attending Physician. Department of Ophthalmology, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, NY since September 2002.
- Private Practice. Offices in Manhattan and Queens, NY January 2003-December 2003.
- Attending Physician. Multi-specialty group practice and teaching hospital. Department of Ophthalmology. Centro Medico Docente La Trinidad. Caracas, Venezuela. August 2000 – August 2002.
- Private Practice. Unidad Oftalmológica Centro Caracas. Caracas, Venezuela. September 2000 – August 2002.
- Ophthalmologist, Community Service. Centro Yolanda Katz. Caracas, Venezuela. September 2000 – August 2002.
- Primary Care and Emergency Physician. Caucagua Hospital, Miranda State, Venezuela. June 1993 - June 1994.